Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I liked it the second time than the first...

Polenta Base (from Forks Over Knives Cookbook)


Yields up to 5 cups

Materials

5 cups water
1 ½ cup polenta or coarse corn meal
¾ tsp. salt or to taste

Tools


Stainless steel pot
Measuring cups and spoons
Spatula
Glass pan or stainless steel

Instructions
1       Bring the water to a boil. Add your corn meal stir as you do until the mixture thickens or becomes creamy.
2       Add salt and your seasonings  
3       pour the polenta into a pan and let it sit in the refrigerator up to one hour

I dreaded eating polenta out in Uruguay (2006-08). But I held my breath and decided to try this recipe to see my taste buds really have changed. Amazingly they have and I have enjoyed this recipe.

Polenta Base with Shredded Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment