Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Christianity under Attack

Back to the previous post about the issue that Christians are similar to the Taliban. After some pondering, meditating and jotting down mental notes on how I would approach this subject. I finally gathered some basic thoughts on some issues presented in the article.

And here is how it goes....

If you are a Christian… “

I am grateful to be a Christian. I am grateful to be a follower of Jesus Christ. I am grateful that Christ has suffered and died so I may have a chance to repent and live with Him. “And I would that all men might be saved. But we read in that great and last day there are some who shall be cast out, yea, who shall be cast off from the presence of the Lord;” simply because “they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator (Christ) of all men, or to choose captivity and death according to the captivity and power of the devil”. I am not here to tell how a Christian to be a Christian but I do support and stand with those that believe in any degree that God that I love as well.

“…based upon the three legs of a three-legged stool that makes up the foundation of your religious beliefs..”

I am grateful for apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, both ancient and modern, that lead, teach, and guide us in our journey back to that God that gave us life. I am grateful for the Holy Scriptures simply because they teach and testify of Jesus Christ as our Lord, Redeemer, and Savior and tell me what God has said what is right and wrong. I am grateful for personal revelation from the Holy Ghost that it has taught and testified to me that the Sacred works (The Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants and Pearl Of Great Price) are true and are as road maps and manuals to show me the way back to our Father in Heaven. I am grateful to know by the power of the Holy Spirit that the Bible is the word of God as far as it was translated correctly and is the basis of the Christian faith. I also know by power of the Holy Spirit that the Book of Mormon is also the word of God for our times and a joint companion to the Holy Bible. I am grateful to have these things so I know what I must do to return back to my Father in Heaven through Jesus Christ.


You believe that God has given you the Holy Scriptures, the doctrinal beliefs and professional (or unprofessional) leaders to help you understand, interpret and apply those scriptures and doctrines.”

Lastly, I am grateful to know that God lives. He is real. He is my Father in Heaven. He is a being with flesh and bones just like Jesus Christ and ourselves. I am grateful to know that He does not change and that He is the same as described in the Holy Bible and through modern revelation, if He was a changeable Being similar to the Greek/Roman Gods then all life would cease to exist and there would be no point to this post, or simply Christianity. But He does not change and continues to demand the same requirements as He did anciently through the teachings of Jesus Christ.
I am grateful to have come to know Him for a fact not illusion but tangible evidence of truth and knowledge through the power of the Holy Ghost. As I have said before, I know He is my Father in Heaven. He is a tender and loving parent in whom I owe my entire existence. I know He lives and loves me as His child. I have felt His love and presence in my short life to know that He has been there close by to lift me up in hard times. He continues to do so as I strive to keep His commandments, standards, and laws. Nothing here on this earth, man, or beast that could deter me from this knowledge. Devils may rage, men may rise up in complete defiance but the truth that God lives will prevail. I am sad that there are those that go through great lengths to 'prove', 'certify', or 'politically' show that He does not exist. It breaks my heart to see honest hard working Christians being battered and bruised for their beliefs.

This is my response and testimony in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

For the love of Truth and God

Kimball Richards
God's Cosmopolitan

1 comment: